Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Artsy Rooster

     Here is a fun way to use your embossing folders. I cut a piece of red-orange card stock to 4 1/4 x 5 3/4 in. Next I inked the card stock completely with Versa Mark and sprinkled with gold embossing powder. This was heated with embossing gun. I placed this in the Sizzix "Rooster Frame" and ran it through my Big Shot. I used sandpaper to distress. This gave the card a rusted look. 
     The stamp set used on this card is "Bounty of Blessings." To make the two-part tree, I stamped the Silhouette cut trunk with soft suede. For the leaves, I used Tim Holtz distress markers to randomly color the stamp, then stamped onto a previously prepared Silhouette cut. Colors used: spiced marmalade, brushed corduroy, fired brick, wild honey, tea dye, and forest moss.
     I prepared the wood leaf by using an inking sponge to layer colors. The same ink colors were used on the wood embellishment as were used on the leaves in the tree. 
     The gold cord was from the "Simple Things" Stamp TV kit. The sentiment "For you my friend" was stamped in soft suede and adhered to the card with pop dots. 
     This was mounted onto a 4 1/2 x 6 in. card base.

Challenges

Paper Shelter - Anything Goes - #118 -*
Stamp TV - Heat Embossed Embossing Folder -*
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes - #24 -*
Whoopsie Daisy Challenge - Anything Goes - #263 -*


2 comments:

  1. Fab card, great idea with the embossing, the go.d background really shows off the tree. Thanks for joining our challenge at WhoopsiDaisy. Jennifer DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card!! Great idea to emboss with heat and then again with embossing folder!! I must try this!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door challenge!
    Hugs and Happy New Year!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete