Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Mickey's Party

Little Man - my grandson - Lucas, is having a Mickey Mouse birthday party. I have made 30 invitations from a pattern I found on Pinterest. The cool part is that I was able to cut out almost all of the pieces on my new Cameo Silhouette that I got for Christmas.



I made the 3 circles for Mickey's head. The program allows me to weld the them together(no inner lines). I copied the circle from Mickey's head and pasted it into a new document. I used the straight line tool to cut it in half. Shazam - a pocket that fit perfectly. The Silhouette software comes with a button pattern, so I didn't even have to make my own. The finished card is approximately 5 1/2 x 6 inches.
I downloaded the "Mickey" font and used it on choice words. The when and where details are on the back of the circle. For the envelope, I punched Mickey heads out of sparkly black specialty paper.

The party is going to be a picnic with family and friends. Can't wait to see Lucas running around on the playground. HOT DOG!!!

1 comment: